Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Who stepped on a duck?!

Growing up with 5 boys in the house, 4 brothers and a dad, farting was something that happened on a regular basis. I hated it. I still do. My brothers would do it and laugh and laugh, they still do. My dad would do it and everyone would laugh and laugh, and everyone still does. I remember growing up my dad would do this horrible gross thing and then look around and say "Who stepped on a duck?". Well, he has taught this to my innocent, cute, 3 year old Code. So the other night Cody was up late, we were snuggling on the couch and he....farted. He smiled and looked around and then said "I stepped on a duck, mom!" I couldn't help but giggle. Then He looked at me and said straight faced as ever "I've been steppin on a lotta ducks lately!!" Then I let out a laugh! I hate farting, I think it is the nastiest thing and sould be left for the restroom but how could I not LOL at that one?! So, thank you dad for teaching my son that phrase. For some reason when that is said by a 3 year old that bodily function isn't so bad!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, that's awesome.

Okay, you can not tell me that you only fart in the rest room. You KNOW you let them out whenever you think people won't notice!!!

kate telles said...

Holly-I swear to u that ONLY let them out when I am in the restroom....my stomach suffers on a daily basis because I CANNOT do it any other place!