Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Feeling grateful....

Today I am feeling extremely grateful for the life I lead. Sometimes (who am I kidding, most days) I feel sorry for myself and what I have to endure everyday. Im a single mom with 2 kids, one being autistic. I feel so often that I am not gonna make it. One more day of therapy, one more day of a mess kyle has made, one more day of Cody whining, one more day of arguing with Mike. Not. Gonna. Make. It. But, really I need to stop and think to myself how truely blessed I am. Life isn't easy for anyone, but the way we deal with it is what matters. I have 2 kids that love me and teach me something new everyday! I have a family who are extremely supportive even if I make choices they don't agree with. I have parents who love my kids and love me more than anything, and do so much for me. I have friends that will listen when I call to complain about my life and then root me on. I really am lucky. There are so many people out there dealing with life's trials with much better attitudes! They inspire me to be a better person, a more positive person, a more patient person! So, today I am gonna start TRYING to look at what I have to be grateful for, and not focus so much on the negative! It could ALWAYS be worse, right?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And you are hot, you forgot to add that in.

Umm, yeah, you've got a lot of great things in your life girl!!!

Jamie Sue said...

Yep, definately could always be worse! Hang in there, you can make it--I have faith in you! :D

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

It is so good to gain perspective but so easy to lose it. Everyone has the right to feel overwhelmed, even if their problems are not as big.

I def. have had to re-think if what is bugging me is really all that important in the bigger picture. If in 10 years it won't bug you, let it go. If you will still care in 10 years...get upset about it.

We are all doing the best we can with what we have. I think your humor is one of your best defenses to a rough day! Great quality to have! Thanks BFF for always being honest about your feelings, even if they are negative ones. It makes me feel entitled to a bad day every once in a while too. But in the big picture...life is good!!