Monday, September 7, 2009

She's Got A Way....

One of my favorite songs is She's Got A Way by Billy Joel. I love the words, they're so pretty. Cody just started to show intrest in music and will voice in the car if he likes a song or will tell me to turn off a song if he doesn't care for a song. He has pretty good taste so far! The last few times I have put on good ol Billy Joel, Cody wants me to play it over and over and over again! Basically I wait til we are near our destination before I put it on, otherwise we have to hear it 18x. He LOVES it.

The other day I was driving to drop Cody off at Jen's and he requested it! He asked me to put that song on that he loves. So, I put it on, and I started singin along. Cody asked, "mom, what is that guy talking about?" I started explaining to my almost 4 year old about what the song meant. Basically that this guy loves his wife very much and she makes him very happy. I turn my head and he looked a little confused. Then he asked, "Then she got away?" I laughed and tried to explain the best I could. Then told him that he should dedicate this song to his mom...he said ok, so maybe someday! :)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jamie Sue said...

Yay, I'm glad you figured out how to embed the video. Sorry I wasn't much help.

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

one of my favorite songs as well =) we will need to find out when dedication hour is so our men and/or boys can make their sweet requests!!