Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Mr. Perfect

Its been almost 2 1/2 years since the divorce. I can't believe it sometimes! When I think back to how much I have grown not only as a mom but as a woman, its amazing! I feel so good about where I am in my life and have never felt better about who I am! I can honestly say I am HAPPY! What a great feeling!



On to the good stuff! I have dated several guys in the past year or so and am grateful for all the experiences, good and bad! It has made me realize that I will NOT settle for less than the best the second time around. I made a list a while back of my Mr. Perfect. It started as a joke and after dating some not so great guys it was really looking like a joke. I was beginning to get discouraged and not so sure I was gonna find my Mr. Perfect. Then October came and I met the most amazing guy. He is my list and so much more!



I didn't think a man existed that could be so accepting of my situation, more specifically my kids! Lets face it, my kids are a handful (probably more like 2 handfuls, maybe 3)! He is so great with them! The transition has been so smooth and natural I couldn't have imagined it any better! Any guy who OFFERS to babysit MY kids while I go to work gains major points in my book! :) I feel so grateful my boys have taken so well to him and have him around as a male influence! Its been nothing but possitive!



He makes me laugh whenever I talk to him. He laughs at me and thinks I'm funny. He gets me. He makes me feel pretty all the time, not just sometimes. He drives here to Palmdale from Pasadena (an hour + drive) at least 3x a week just to sit on my couch and watch American Idol or Greys Anatomy cuz I have my kids and no sitter, and NEVER complains. He likes hangin with my best friend and her husband. He is the nicest guy and so easy going. He is the best dad to his boys and always puts them first. He doesn't get irritated with me cuz Im a horrible decision maker. He appreciates and acknowledges all the hard work I put into being a mom to Kyle and Cody. He still gives me butterflies everytime he knocks on my door. He makes me smile just thinking about him. The best part about James is he makes me so HAPPY!



I'm so lucky to have found a man who treats me AND my kids so well. Here's to My Mr. Perfect existing! WOO HOO!




4 comments:

Deb said...

Yay for you and your Mr. Perfect! I am so happy for both of you. What a cute blog post. Look at you, all in love and stuff!

Jamie Sue said...

LOVE it!! You deserve this and so much more!

Debby Matson said...

Congratulations...does he have a brother? LOL. Finding peace and serenity in the nebulous trenches of uncertainty and fear speaks volumes about your strength, determination, and character...and who wouldn't love that.

Oh, by the way, I grew up with Elaine (Sheets) Spencer...in case you were wondering how I landed on your blog.

Enjoy!

April Graves said...

I loved reading this. I am so proud of you and also so happy for you.