Friday, April 3, 2009

Bitter Sweet


My kids are pretty much my life. I eat, sleep(or dont sleep), and breathe Kyle and Cody. They go with Mike every other week for 3 days, and now I look forward to that much needed break! Cody has been giving me, his mom who eats sleeps and breathes for HIM, a tough time lately. So I asked Mike if he wanted to take Cody for a few extra days. Mike doesnt get to spend quality one on one time with just Code (which I think he needs). I didnt think his dad was going to agree to this but he did! I was excited until I looked at calandar. He will have Cody for Easter :( My Code will not be here, in my house with me, to run downstairs to a basket full of goodies from the Easter Bunny. As much as he frustrates me and I could use the extra break...Im so sad. These are the days that the effects of the divorce really hit me. Mike has reassured me that he will do something nice for Cody but it just isn't the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is sad! I'm excited when Sawyer gets to an age he understands all that and I can really play up the holidays.

Petersen Party of 7 said...

It's nice to see you back on my new blog entry list. I can only imagine how hard all this stuff is on you. Hang in there! We are excited to come for Brett's wedding to see everyone. See you in a couple of weeks.