Monday, July 27, 2009

Yikes!

Ok. I would like to think I have pretty decent self esteem. I think Iam an average looking gal whos personality makes her a lil above average (if I do say so myself, and I guess I just did)! haha. BUT...the past few times I have downloaded pictures from my camera or most recently, seen pictures blasted on Facebook (for all the world to see might I add) from other peoples cameras, I have been disappointed. I find myself thinking...wow do i really look like that?! I swear I was a lil cuter than that! Some might think it was just the camera or maybe having a bad day or my favorite excuse to use is its THAT pose (and every pose after that one)!!! The problem is, I find that I have been having to use these excuses EVERYtime I see a picture of myself. So...is my self image way off??? Does anyone else have the feeling of "wow I swear I look better than that" ? Tell me Im not the only one? :)

5 comments:

Pemberley Court said...

ALLLL the time!!!! I feel the exact same way! I swear I take better pictures than what I see. People will say no, that is a good pic of you and I think.....you are such a bad liar!!!! LOL I do think that we are harder on ourselves though!

Jamie Sue said...

Um, nope, you're not wrong at all--you are a gorgeous girl if I do say so myself, haha! The only problem I see here is that you think the pics of you look bad. Um, yeah, I've seen your facebook pics and you're still gorgeous in them. So, yeah, just keep going around thinking you look great--cause you do. And just know that there are PLENTY of girls (like me) who wish they looked like you. There I said it! :D Seriously, you're hot!! (No, I'm not trying to hit on you!)

Bobby, Jenny, Bryce and Leah said...

i feel the same way. and usually the pics are when i'm with u!! what does this say about us? jk. it def. isnt that bad but we could always look a lil better ;)so sad we even think abt image when we r as cool as we r!!

Dodge Family said...

uh,HELLO... You are my idol...(not to mention Joe's) And yes... I am hitting on you. Me Sue is too shy to admit it too! Luv you

The Fago Family said...

Hey Katie! WOW it has been a long time! You look GREAT! Your two boys are adorable! What have you been up to? Where do you live? Life is good here... I love my little girl... she is so much fun! Did you know that I was baptized about 7 years ago this October? You were LDS, right? Anyways... such a small world! So fun to catch up! My email is travisandamy1204@sbcglobal.net

Amy