Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bus ticket?!

Kyle has gone through 4 bus drivers since the beginning of this year! Yes I said it 4! Well the latest one is a small Hispanic woman who is very soft spoken. Kyle has been absolutely AWFUL since she started. He throws himself on the ground, it takes both her and I to get him into the seat. While kyle is throwing this really nice tantrum the other 5 or so kids on the bus start to get agitated. Last week one of them tried to escape while this poor lady is trying to buckle my screaming kid! Today there was a rather large African American girl who was sitting in the front seat and started hitting a rather small African American girl. I told her to stop because the bus driver was dealing with my kid. Well the larger girl proceeded to take her seat belt off and climb over seats. The bus driver looked at this obviously mentally disabled girl and said "That's it your getting a bus ticket!"

Now, I'm not an extremely intelligent person but, I'm pretty sure not one of those kids knows, much less cares what a bus ticket is. I think these bus drivers need a lil more than how to drive a bus training. Maybe how to deal with a bunch of autistic kids training, eh?! A bus ticket ain't gonna do much bus driver!




(This before when kyle "liked" the bus...miss those days.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, poor kids. Just another example of a low paying job that shouldn't be! A job that should require extra training, happy workers, etc.