Friday, May 1, 2009

One of those days....

Let me preface this post by stating how much I love my kids and even as much as I complain I can't imagine how boring my life would be without them!

Most days I am totally ok with the cards I have been dealt. More specifically, I'm ok with Kyle and the struggles and triumphs that we go through together. Because thats all I know. He has always been...Kyle. Well, I am only human and there are days that I think to myself...why me? (I know, what a selfish thing to say) What if he was typical? What would he be like? How much easier would my life be? I try and put things in perspective and think how truely lucky I am that I was entrusted with Kyle, but it certainly doesn't make it any easier on those days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, check out http://lalagirl.org/

Mom to two sets of twins, one of the boys is autistic. I think you would like her!

Keep up the good work mamma!

April Graves said...

Katie, you are a real life super hero.